Addressing the eternal thirst for faster and bigger data transfers, Tektronix launches three unique testing solutions it believes will “drive the future of data transfers.” Three transmitter automated test platforms focus on the demanding requirements of next-generation technologies for large, rapid data transfers and low-latency video displays.
Tektronix USB4, Thunderbolt 4, and DisplayPort 2.0 automated compliance and debugging tools target the familiar challenges design engineers face, which include test time, signal integrity, and device under test (DUT) control. Each tool also includes physical layer electrical testing and characterization for compliance with next-gen standards over the USB-C connector.
The latest USB4 standard ups data rates to eight times faster than USB 3.0 while also providing fast and secure 100W USB-C charging. According to Tektronix, DisplayPort 2.0 is set to triple data bandwidth performance over the DisplayPort 1.4 standard and includes 16K video resolution, higher refresh rates, and augmented/virtual reality (AR/VR) displays.
Solutions in a nutshell include:
- Compliant with the USB4 Specification Ver1.0 and USB4 Router Assembly Electrical Compliance Test Specification Rev 1.0
- Completes both Lane 0 and Lane 1 Transmitter tests without flipping the USB Type-C connector or USB4 High-Speed fixture
TBT3 and TBT4 Test
- Supports all four data rates of 10G, 10.3G, 20G, and 20.6G
- Provides automatic DUT control support for both TenLira/TDT (Intel’s scripts) and USB4 ETT
- Offers a pre-compliance solution with Tektronix’s Proposed measurement for ultra-high bit-rate speeds
- Supports the P76xx tri-mode probe with multiple probe tip options
TekExpress Signal Validation
- This feature validates compliance patterns to ensure result accuracy
TekExpress Pre-Recorded Mode
- This mode supports offline analysis and baseline for future specification changes
The USB4, TBT4, and DP2.0 solutions are available for use with DPO/MSO70000SX/DX oscilloscopes with a 23-GHz bandwidth minimum plus a 100 Gsample/s sample rate. The scope setup also works for USB2.0/USB3.2/DP1.2/DP1.4 testing.
Ready to start testing but require higher enlightenment and wisdom? If so, more specs and datasheets are available on the Tektronix USB Test, Validation, and Debug page.
| firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-516-422-1431 |