Ambarella, is expanding its artificial intelligence (AI )vision system-on-chip (SoC) portfolio with the CV5S and CV52S security families. Based on the company’s CVflow architecture and 5-nm process technology, the latest SoCs support simultaneous 4K encoding and advanced AI processing in a single low-power design.
The CV5S devices support multi-imager camera designs and can simultaneously process and encode four imager channels up to 8MP, or 4K resolution, each at 30 frames per second (fps). According to the company, this family of SoCs double encoding resolution and memory bandwidth while consuming 30% less power than Ambarella’s prior generation.
Targeting single-sensor security cameras, the CV52S family supports 4K resolution at 60 fps. The SoCs provide four times the AI computer vision performance, twice the CPU performance, and 50% more memory bandwidth than its predecessors.
The CV5S family is viable for security-camera applications that require multiple sensors for 360-degree coverage over a wide area and with a long range. The CV52S family is suitable for single-sensor security cameras with AI performance that need to more clearly identify individuals or objects in a scene.
Additional features of both families include:
- A software development kit (SDK) groomed specifically for the security camera market
- CVflow tools that are compatible across all security families
- Dual Arm A76 1.6GHz CPUs with 1MB of L3 memory
- Enhanced ISP with excellent HDR, ISO low-light, dewarping and rotation performance
- On-chip privacy masking to block out a portion of the captured scene
- PCIe and USB 3.2 interfaces, enabling more complex, multi-chip security system designs than prior generations
- On-chip cybersecurity hardware to ensure secure IP cameras, including secure boot, OTP and Arm TrustZone technology
- Multiple video inputs, with support for up to 14 cameras using MIPI virtual channels
- An SLVS-EC interface on the CV5S
- Support for LPDDR4x, LPDDR5 and LPDDR5x DRAM
The CV5S and CV52S SoC families are set for sampling in October 2021. For more information, contact Ambarella.
| firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-516-422-1431 |