by Mat Dirjish
Debuting at the 2021 Assembly Show, Panasonic’s AccuPulse 4.0 fastening/assembly tool features four onboard microcomputers and a transducer to intelligently manage accurate torque tightening in a variety of assemblies. It also boasts several advanced features that boost assembly efficiency and worker safety. For example, a new double hammer mechanism for optimal torque calculations and the durable non-contact transducer.
Other features of the AccuPulse 4.0 mechanical pulse tool include:
- Durable high-resolution non-contact torque sensor for reliable torque measurement.
- Patented torque traceability and torque curve detection algorithm.
- Programmable features for productivity and plant automation.
- Wireless two-way communication using existing multi-tool controllers.
- Data collection for monitoring torque, angle, time, OK, NOK, pulse, and graph.
- One-hand cordless operation with no reaction for worker safety and freedom of movement.
- Eco-friendly and energy efficient.
- Lower installation and maintenance costs than air-oil pulse tools and dc electric tools.
- Uses Panasonic Li-ion 14.4v batteries with Guard-Ion technology.