by Mat Dirjish
Baracoda Daily Healthtech’s BBalance debuted at CES 2022 as the world’s first smart bath mat that pairs artificial intelligence (AI) with footprint recognition to advance home healthcare. The mat combines three measurement tools in a single product: a weight scale, balance and stability reader, and a posture evaluator.
The AI brains and pressure-mapping technologies reside beneath a removable, washable, soft, cotton bath mat that blends naturally into any room décor. It automatically collects user data and stores weight, posture and balance measurements that’s viewable any time via the BBalance app.
Additionally, the smart operating system inside BBalance can:
- Help people stay motivated through actionable insights about weight and fitness goals.
- Coach individuals about mindfulness for improved posture, balance, and muscle tone.
- Reduce anxiety in those who get stressed about normal daily weight fluctuations.
- Differentiate multiple family members. Footprint recognition sensors identify each user while artificial intelligence personalizes the experience to meet the goals of each member of a household.
- Monitor effectiveness and compliance of post-treatment medical recommendations for conditions such as scoliosis. Collaborative research is currently underway.
- Evaluate rehabilitation to improve balance to minimize injury and risk of falling.
- Adapt to a user’s position patterns, e.g., while stepping out of the shower, brushing teeth, drying hair, etc.
- Send notification to a parent or medical provider regarding development (weight, posture, foot size, spinal alignment) and progress.
BBalance requires minimal maintenance. It’s water-resistant, connects via BLE and Wi-Fi, and specifies an eight-month battery life before recharging via USB. Retail availability is set for Spring 2022.
Ready to weigh in but desire deeper details? If so, peruse the BBalance overview.
| firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-516-422-1431 |